I usually eat typical Japanese ramen such as shoyu (soy sauce), miso, shio (salt), and tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen, but sometimes I have a craving for something else like tomato ramen.
The concept at this ramen shop is delicious, healthy ramen. They specialize in tomato-based ramen broth.
The broth is actually a low fat chicken and tomato based broth. It is light and very fresh tasting. The soup and the thin noodles match very well. The tomato flavor spreads very smoothly over your taste buds.
This ramen is totally different from typical Japanese ramen. You might find it similar to Italian food, but this shop's tomato ramen is not spaghetti.
Taiyouno Ramen 太陽のラーメン 760 yen
It is their standard type tomato ramen.
Slices chicken chashu is soft and tasty. (It is not pork.)
- Garlic 50 yen にんにく Ninniku
- Seasoned Egg 100 yen 味付け玉子 Ajituke-tamago
- Sea Lettuce 100 yen It is soft type nori (The shop uses a soft type sea vegetable / seaweed.) アオサのり Aosa-nori
- Cheese 160 yen チーズ
- Seasoned Chicken 210 yen 鶏チャーシュウ Tori-chashu
- Chopped Green Onion (Green) 150 yen 青ねぎザル盛 Aonegi-zarumori
- Chopped Green Onion (White) 150 yen 白ねぎザル盛 Shironegi-zarumori
Taiyouno Cheese Ramen 太陽のチーズラーメン 860 yen
This ramen shop is popular with women. When I went there I saw many women more than men.
Order / Payment
You order at your table and pay at the cash register after finishing your meal.
If you would like to add some more flavors, Tabasco sauce and pepper are offered for free at the tables.
Putting rice in the broth after eating the noodles is just perfect. You can enjoy a flavor similar to tomato risotto.
- Rice 130 yen 白ごはん Shiro-gohan
- Rice topped with some seasonings 160 yen らぁリゾ Rah-rizo
Ramen shop name
- No service fee / No cover charge
- Useful picture menu is available.
- The list prices are sometimes a bit different at the respective shops.
- No smoking
- Tax is included in the prices.
This shop 本所吾妻橋スカイツリー支店 is located between TOKYO SKYTREE and Asakusa in Tokyo. They are popular sightseeing places.
You can walk to the shop from the places.
This shop 新宿東宝ビル店 is located near Shinjuku 新宿 Station In Tokyo.
It is located on the 1F in the Shinjuku TOHO Building 新宿東宝ビル, which also contains a movie theater and some other restaurants.
This shop 新宿ミロード店 is located on the 7F in a building beside Shinjuku 新宿 Station in Tokyo.
The shops are also located around Ueno 上野, Ikebukuro 池袋, Shibuya 渋谷, Harajuku 原宿, Kichijoji 吉祥寺, Shimokitazawa 下北沢 in downtown Tokyo.
Information and prices are as of April 2019.
Other unique noodles shops in Tokyo are below.