I usually eat typical Japanese ramen such as shoyu (soy sauce), miso, shio (salt), and tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen, but sometimes I have a craving for something else like tomato ramen.
The concept at this ramen shop is delicious, healthy ramen. They specialize in tomato-based ramen broth.
The broth is actually a low fat chicken and tomato based broth. It is light and very fresh tasting. The soup and the thin noodles match very well. The tomato flavor spreads very smoothly over your taste buds.
This ramen is totally different from typical Japanese ramen. You might find it similar to Italian food, but this shop's tomato ramen is not spaghetti.
Taiyouno Ramen 太陽のラーメン 720 yen
It is their standard type tomato ramen.
Slices chicken chashu is soft and tasty. (It is not pork.)
- Garlic 50 yen にんにく Ninniku
- Seasoned Egg 100 yen 味付け玉子 Ajituke-tamago
- Sea Lettuce 100 yen It is soft type nori (The shop uses a soft type sea vegetable / seaweed.) アオサのり Aosa-nori
- Cheese 150 yen チーズ
- Seasoned Chicken 180 yen 鶏チャーシュウ Tori-chashu
- Chopped Green Onion (Green) 140 yen 青ねぎザル盛 Aonegi-zarumori
- Chopped Green Onion (White) 140 yen 白ねぎザル盛 Shironegi-zarumori
Taiyouno Cheese Ramen 太陽のチーズラーメン 830 yen
This ramen shop is popular with women. When I went there I saw many women more than men.
Order / Payment
You order at your table and pay at the cash register after finishing your meal.
If you would like to add some more flavors, Tabasco sauce and pepper are offered for free at the tables.
Putting rice in the broth after eating the noodles is just perfect. You can enjoy a flavor similar to tomato risotto.
- Rice 120 yen 白ごはん Shiro-gohan
- Rice topped with some seasonings 160 yen らぁリゾ Rah-rizo
Ramen shop name
Website (in Japanese)
- No service fee / No cover charge
- Useful picture menu is available.
- The list prices are sometimes a bit different at the respective shops.
- No smoking
- Tax is not included in the prices.
This shop SHINJUKU MYLORD 新宿ミロード店 is located on the 7F in a building beside Shinjuku 新宿 Station in Tokyo.
This shop Shinjuku TOHO Building 新宿東宝ビル店 is located near Shinjuku 新宿 Station In Tokyo.
It is located on the 1F in the Shinjuku TOHO Building 新宿東宝ビル, which also contains a movie theater and some other restaurants.
Another shop on the B1F in Shinjuku is in a hotel WASHINGTON HOTEL SHINJUKU 新宿ワシントンホテル.
Information and prices are as of March 2020.
Other unique noodles shops in Tokyo are below.