I am fond of having a relaxing time in a cafe that is a converted old Japanese style house.
It has a nice retro atmosphere inside and you can view its Japanese garden.
This type of house is getting rarer and rarer these days.
There are some relaxing tatami (straw-mat) rooms. This house was built in 1939, and it was registered as a cultural heritage property in 2013.
Menu in Japanese | January 2019
- コーヒー Coffee 450 yen (Refill 250 yen)
- 紅茶 English Tea 450 yen
- 抹茶 Matcha 520 yen
- 季節のフルーツタルト Seasonal Cake 530 yen
- あんみつ Anmitsu 680 yen (Red Bean Jam with Fruits)
* Prices are including tax.
When you order both a drink and cake, you get a 100 yen discount.
Walking inside the garden is not allowed.
You will feel a Japanese retro atmosphere here.
SHOUWA HOUSE ENGAWA CAFE / 昭和の家 縁側カフェ
11:30 am - 6:00 pm (Last call 5:30 pm)
Saturday, Sunday and Monday might be closed. (Irregular holidays)
* This restaurant is closed from the end of December to early January because of their winter holiday.
It takes 15 minutes on foot from Takenotsuka 竹ノ塚 Station to the cafe.
* You have to take off your shoes and put them on the shoe box on entering.
* You shouldn't bring noisy kids.
By the way. If you want to stay a night at this type of old Japanese style house. Maybe you should book this guest house toco.
Photos were taken in December 2016. Prices are current as of January 2019.