I am fond of having a relaxing time in a cafe that is a converted old Japanese style house.
It has a nice retro atmosphere inside and you can view its Japanese garden.
This type of house is getting rarer and rarer these days.
Photos and menu
There are some relaxing tatami (straw-mat) rooms. This house was built in 1939, and it was registered as a cultural heritage property in 2013.
- コーヒー Coffee 460 yen (Refill 260 yen)
- 紅茶 English Tea 460 yen
- 抹茶 Matcha 530 yen
- 季節のフルーツタルト Seasonal Cake 590 yen
- あんみつ Anmitsu 690 yen (Red Bean Jam with Fruits)
* Prices are including tax.
* The other items (in Japanese)
When you order both a drink and cake, you get a 100 yen discount.
Walking inside the garden is not allowed.
You will feel a Japanese retro atmosphere here.
SHOUWA HOUSE ENGAWA CAFE / 昭和の家 縁側カフェ
Website (in Japanese)
11:30 am - 6:00 pm (Last call 5:30 pm)
Saturday, Sunday and Monday might be closed. (Irregular holidays)
* This restaurant is closed from the end of December to early January because of their winter holiday.
It takes 15 minutes on foot from Takenotsuka 竹ノ塚 Station to the cafe.
* You have to take off your shoes and put them on the shoe box on entering.
* You shouldn't bring noisy kids.
By the way. If you want to stay a night at this type of old Japanese style house. Maybe you should book this guest house toco.
Photos were taken in December 2016. Prices are current as of November 2020.
Hot spring near this cafe
Sightseeing place near this cafe
Do you want to have udon (doodles) in a traditional house?