I present you a Tokyo ryokan hot spring. A ryokan 旅館 is a type of Japanese style inn. Mikawaya Ryokan 三河屋旅館 has a good hot spring. The use of the hot spring in this ryokan is not limited to ryokan guests.
If you want to go hiking in Tokyo for a day. I would recommend the Okutama 奥多摩 area because there are several tracks for beginner hikers. After a day of hiking, you can take the hot spring at the ryokan located near Okutaka 奥多摩 Station.
About this hot spring
The bathtub (bathroom) is not large, but I was really relaxed. When I was staying in the bathroom for about 1 hour only two more people came in, and they quickly finished bathing. I spent most of the time with no other customers. So I was able to take these pictures.
The bathrooms are separated for men and women.
- It's mixed hot water comes from a hot spring and a normal water supply.
- The water is heated.
- The water in the bath is filtered and reused.
- Some chlorine is added for sanitary reasons.
Hikawago Asaha no Yu, Mikawaya Ryokan
- Admission to the hot spring
It doesn't include a towel. (Optional fee) You can bring yours.
- Shampoo and body soap are free in the bathing room.
- Business hours for non-guests
11:30 am - 4:00 pm (It is irregularly changed.)
- There are English instruction sheets about the hot spring at the front desk.
- There is no locker in the changing room. You can leave your valuables at the front desk.
Oktama 奥多摩 Information Website
(There is information center in front of Oktama Station.)
Sightseeing Maps and Hiking Maps
Photos were taken in September 2019.
Please look over other hot springs and public bath in Japan.
How to Use a Japanese Hot Spring
(This video is not recorded in Mikawa Ryokan.)