Mt. Tsurugidake 剱岳 → 10th Chain Point Kani-no-yokobai カニのよこばい → Mt. Maetsurugi 前剱 → Kenzanso 剣山荘 (Lodge) → Raichozawa Hyutte 雷鳥沢ヒュッテ (Lodge)
10th Chain Point Kani-no-yokobai カニのよこばい
Raichozawa Hyutte 雷鳥沢ヒュッテ (Lodge)
Raichozawa Hyutte 雷鳥沢ヒュッテ
Website (in Japanese)
Summer season (End of June - Early in October)
Reservation and Contact
Off season (Mid October - Mid April)
Raichozawa camp site 雷鳥沢キャンプ場 Raichozawa-camp-jou is available near this lodge.
It includes tax, hot springs fee, dinner and breakfast.
This accommodation fee is as of in April 2020.
- 1-night private room for 2 people: 12000 yen / person
- 1-night private room for 3 people: 11000 yen / person
- 1-night private room for 4 people: 10500 yen / person
- 1-night dormitory: 9800 yen / person
- 1-night without meals 7000 yen / person (Private room is not available for this.)
Help yourself to free refills of rice, miso soup and Japanese tea.
Map of The Geospatial Information Authority of Japan 国土地理院の地図
Please check in and pay the bill at this reception when you arrive at the lodge. (You can leave without checking out.) You should take off your shoes in front of the reception of the lodge, and put on slippers when you are staying in the lodge. You should put your shoes in the shoe box in your room, not the entrance of the lodge.
(It is as of in 2017. Maybe it is changed now.)
Available until 2:00 pm
- Beef Bowl 1000 yen (牛丼 Gyudon)
- Chinese Bowl 1000 yen (中華丼 Chukadon), Vegetables and bits of meat
- Cury Rice 1000 yen (カレー)
- Fried Rice 1000 yen (チャーハン Chahan)
- Ramen ラーメン 1000 yen
- Udon うどん 1000 yen, A type of noodles
- Zenzai ぜんざい 500 yen, Sweet red bean soup
- Oden おでん 500 yen, Stewed ingredients in the Japanese-style broth
- Takoyaki たこやき 500 yen, Octopus dumplings
Available until 9:00 pm
- Draft beer 900 yen (生ビール)
- Coffee 400 yen
- Canned beer (350ml 400yen, 500ml ? yen)
There is no actual private bed furniture for each person like a bunk bed in this lodge. You will need to share a flat space with them.
There is sufficient bedding such as mattresses, blankets and pillows in the dormitory. You do not need to bring your own sleeping bag.
Please make your own bed yourself when you want to sleep.
Two types of bathrooms are available at this lodge.
The Bathroom inside the Lodge 内湯 Uchiyu
The type of bathroom inside the lodge is quite spacious, and hot water in the bath is clean and clear.
(Open 24 hours a day for the lodge guests)
The entrances of the bathrooms inside the lodge are separated for men and women.
There is a shared walkway between the Bathroom inside the Lodge and
the Annex Bathhouse.
The Annex Bathhouse 外湯 Sotoyu
The other bathroom is located next to the lodge, and this type is called "Genen Kakenagashi 源泉かけ流し" in Japanese. Its hot water comes from a 100% hot spring resource of Jigokudani Valley 地獄谷 of the active volcano zone. It is always running and not recycled.
外来の営業時間 AM10時~PM19時 最終受付は18時半まで
Use of the bathrooms of the lodge is not limited to lodge guests such as campers. Non-guests need to pay 700 yen.
Business hours for non-guests
10:00 am - 7:00 pm (Last entry is at 6:30 pm.)
It is not available for non-guests because of corona virus as of April 2020.
I saw a parent and many babies of snow grouse near the lodge.
Photos were taken in June 2017. Information is as of in June 2017.