This ramen restaurant specializes in JIRO-inspired style ramen. JIRO ramen is oily and cloudy broth, thick noodles, heaped with vegetables (mostly bean sprouts and a little bit cabbage), and topped with minced garlic and thickly sliced pork.
An unique ordering system of JIRO ramen is that you can request customizations at two different times.
Let's buy a meal ticket at the entrance!
I had Standard Ramen 小盛 800 yen.
- Small 小盛 Komori 160g 800 yen
- Regular 普通 240g Futsuu 850 yen
- Large 大盛 360g Oomori 950 yen
It is standard ramen with spicy broth.
- Small 辛小盛 Kara-Komori 160g 850 yen
- Regular 辛普通 Kara-Futsuu 240g 900 yen
- Large 辛大盛 360g Kara-Oomori 1000 yen
It is used thick sauce instead of ramen broth.
- まぜそば Mazesoba 950 yen
Noodles and dipping broth are served separately.
- つけ麺 Tsukemen 1000 yen
This is available at 17:30 - 19:00 on Tuesday and Saturday only.
- Chili Oil ラー油 Ra-yu 100 yen
- Onion たまねぎ Tamanegi 50 yen
- Raw Egg 生たまご Namatamago 50 yen
- 5-Quail Eggs うずら5個 Uzura 100 yen
- Dried Fish Powder 魚粉 Gyofun 50 yen
- Additional Pork 豚増し Butamashi 200 yen
- Canned Beer with bite to eat 缶ビールおつまみ付き Kan-biru 350 yen
These inside seats are the head of the waiting line.
Please wait for a while in the line. The staff beyond the counter will guide you to an empty seat.
When you have a seat
I will tell you the customizations for Standard Ramen and Spicy Ramen below.
This blog doesn't describe the customizations for the other types of ramen.
If you like, add some spices such as white pepper, chili pepper and sauce, which are available for free on the table.
Ramen restaurant name
MENYA OTORI 麺屋 鳳
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 17:00 - 22:00
Sunday 11:30 - 16:00
Monday and Thursday are regularly closed.
The restaurant is often irregularly closed. Please check out their Twitter (in Japanese).
- No service fee / No cover charge
- Tax is included in the price.
- No smoking
- Maybe, there are no picture menu and no English menu.
Photos were taken in June 2019. Information is as of June 2019.
There is a recommended hostel near this ramen restaurant.