Comic Market is held twice a year at an exhibition hall Tokyo Big Site. Comic Market is like Comic Con in the US.
- May 2 - 5, 2020 is canceled
- Next, December ? - ?, 2020
If you like comic and anime, you shouldn't miss this big event during travel in Tokyo.
Hopefully, you are interested in cosplay and already know what cosplay is.
Cosplay is a new word, and comes from “costume play”. It means that dressing or acting in special costumes or fashion items of anime, manga, video games and so on. The person who likes cosplay is called a cosplayer.
Even if you are not interested in cosplay, looking around the booths may be fun for sightseeing.
At the booths, you can buy souvenirs like goods of Japanese anime, manga and so on.
Photos in August 2018
YAMATO United Nations Cosmo Force
@ShirasuiSou ← Her cute and artistic photos are well worth seeing!
Photos in December 2017
Photos in December 2014
Wristbands were sold at Comiket for 1000 Yen per day.
Discount ticket sold in advance at some selected bookstores were 550 yen.
The price might be changed.
Rules of taking photos
- In advance, you have to ask the cosplayers if taking photos of them is OK.
Shashin wo totte iidesuka?
Can I take a photo of you?
- If you want to upload the photos online (e.g. SNS, blog), you have to ask the cosplayers if it is OK with them.
Net ni appu shite iidesuka?
Can I upload the photos on the Internet?
- The cosplayers do not have to accept as the choice is theirs.
* I have their permission to upload these photos above on SNS or eBooks of Japan Course. Thank you so much for their kindness.
* My favorite cosplayer is below. However, the twitter accounts and video are not mine.
Other cosplay information